Purpose of the "Sunshine Project"
- To build every child's self-esteem and therefore build more productive citizens
- To stress the value of every child
- To encourage reading to and by young children
- To strengthen the bonds between adults and young children
- Formation of a public, non-profit Foundation
- Distribution of over 600,000 copies of YOU ARE SUNSHINE to kindergarten children by the end of the school year.
- Teacher's Guides prepared and distributed to all kindergarten teachers
- Production of a Parent-Education Video for use by schools, parent groups,
- Printing and distribution of YOU ARE SUNSHINE in French for the French Immersion
Programs in Louisiana schools.
- Dedication of the Sunshine Garden at the Governor's Mansion to the children of Louisiana.
- Spanish Edition is in final translation.